Hello everyone, I’m Linh, a Project Coordinator at CodeComplete Vietnam. In this blog, I’m excited to share with you my journey of personal development at CodeComplete Vietnam.
Firstly, let’s take a look at how I entered the CodeComplete family. I graduated with a degree in Japanese Language from the University of Foreign Languages in Da Nang. Meeting recruitment representatives at a job fair, I was intrigued and curious about the working environment at CodeComplete. The abundant energy and warm welcome at the job fair convinced me to join. Through researching the company’s social media, I believed this was a great place to learn and accumulate experience. A short time later, I saw a recruitment link for a Japanese Comtor intern position at CodeComplete. I sent my CV to apply for that position immediately and luckily, I passed to get that job. My journey with CodeComplete started from there.
After nearly 2 years of working, I want to share what I love about CodeComplete and the opportunities that have helped me develop.
- Building an ideal working environment:
- Like I shared above, I joined the company as an intern, expecting the initial period to be challenging as I familiarized myself with the work and environment. Fortunately, everyone was enthusiastic in helping and guiding me. I vividly remember my first day at work, receiving a warm welcome from all colleagues, which made me feel more comfortable and quickly integrated with everyone. Additionally, the spacious working environment and modern equipment provided by the company is crucial in motivating us to complete work on time with high quality.
- Communication in English:
- During my university studies, I only focused on improving my Japanese language skills, neglecting the development of my English language proficiency. Upon entering the company, I was truly impressed as everyone could communicate smoothly in English. I realized that there’s no better way to learn a language than to communicate in it every day, so I reminded myself to put in more effort. Thanks to the company’s free English class, I had the chance to practice English with my coworkers and especially the foreign teachers. As a result, my English language skills have significantly improved.
- Chance to experience many projects:
- During my working time, I’ve had the opportunity to experience many exciting projects in various fields such as entertainment, pet health care, and human resource management… That provided me with opportunities to develop project management skills, collaborate with diverse teams, and gain an understanding of the workflow when working with Japanese clients. The project that left the most impression on me is my first project as an official employee which is about maintenance and development of a new function of DVD/CD rental service system. This is a cool product, with nice content and user-friendly design. When I joined this project, I learned a lot of basic IT knowledge, understanding the application development process from laying the foundations to publishing the products to the users and operating processes thereafter.
- Knowledge sharing culture
- Joining the company with a non-IT background, I am truly grateful for the culture of knowledge-sharing at CodeComplete, a tradition that has been maintained for a long time. Our sharing topics are not only technical topics but also frequently include workplace soft skills suggestions such as communication skills, time management skills, and experience working on multiple projects and so on, which may assist our working process to be more successful. In addition to internal sharing within the company, we also benefit from knowledge-sharing sessions from our customers on the occasion of business trips to Vietnam.
- To support our employees in maximizing their potential, CodeComplete offers benefits like free English classes, work-from-home, team-building activities, and happy hours… This has helped our team enhance individual capabilities, balance work and life, and strengthen relationships with colleagues.
I really like a saying from Confucius: “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”. It’s true. When you’re working in a place where you feel happy, loving what you do, it can make a big difference in your life. For myself, the nearly 2 years of working at CodeComplete has been an amazing journey. Would you like to experience this fantastic environment with me? I’m looking forward to welcoming and meeting you at CodeComplete in the future!